The Public Retirement Study Committee, chaired by the State Treasurer, began meeting in November 2014 to collect and evaluate data to examine the need for a state-wide public retirement plan.
Study Committee Members
- Beth Pearce, Chair, Vermont State Treasurer
- Monica Hutt, Commissioner, Vermont Department of Disabilities, Aging & Independent Living
- Lindsay Kurrle, Commissioner, Vermont Department of Labor
- Robert Hooper, Appointed by the legislative Committee on Committees
- Rebecca Towne, Appointed by the legislative Committee on Committees
- Russ Bennett, Appointed by the Speaker
- Dan Boardman, Appointed by the Speaker
- Lindsay DesLauriers, Appointed by the State Treasurer
Report and Legislation
In 2014 the committee was charged with completing an interim study of the feasibility of establishing a public retirement plan. Since then, two reports have been completed and are posted below. In 2016 the enabling legislation was amended and is linked here: ACT 157.
2016 Report - Interim Study of the Feasibility of Establishing a Public Retirement Plan
2015 Report - Interim Study of the Feasibility of Establishing a Public Retirement Plan
2014 Report - Interim Study of the Feasibility of Establishing a Public Retirement Plan
Center for Retirement Initiatives, Georgetown University: Comparison of Retirement Plan Design Features by State, June 2016
Center for Retirement Initiatives, Georgetown University: Closing the Coverage Gap, June 2016
State Treasurer's Office Presentation on Retirement Savings, February 2015
U.S. Department of Labor Fact Sheet: State Savings Programs for Non-Government Employees
Hon. Kathleen Kennedy Townsend: Presentation on State Retirement Initiatives-Out of Crisis Comes Opportunity
ACLI: Role of Life Insurers
Agendas & Meeting Minutes
Questions regarding upcoming meeting dates may be addressed to Tim Lueders-Dumont at (802) 828-1451 or via email at email@example.com.
01/14/2015 (meeting did not take place due to a lack of quorum)