Retired Teacher Health Insurance
2023 Open Enrollment – Open Enrollment for insurance coverage effective January 1, 2023 is now live and runs through November 18, 2022.
- For more information on health insurance options for Medicare-eligible retirees and dependents, please visit here.
- For more information on health insurance options for non-Medicare-eligible retirees and dependents, please visit here.
Pharmacy Benefit Manager Change – Effective January 1, 2023, members covered by Vermont Blue Advantage will see a change in their Pharmacy Benefits Manager, from Express Scripts to Optum. For more information on this transition and what it means for you, please visit here. If you are or wish to be enrolled in the JY or Comprehensive plan, the 2023 Formulary Drug List can be found here and the 2023 Network of Pharmacies can be found here.
PLEASE NOTE: During Open Enrollment, our call volumes are much higher than normal. While we make every effort to return calls within 24 hours, the best way to reach us is by email, at Tre.firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is VSTRS?
The Vermont State Teachers' Retirement System (VSTRS) is the public pension plan provided by the State of Vermont for State teachers. It was created in 1947 and is governed by Vermont Statute Title 16, Chapter 55.The membership as of June 30, 2021 is:
- 9,955 active
- 2,915 inactive
- 911 terminated vested
- 10,106 retired
Learn More About Specific Group Plans
- Group A for public school teachers employed within the State of Vermont prior to July 1, 1981 and elected to remain in Group A.
- Group C for public school teachers employed within the State of Vermont on or after July 1, 1990. If you were hired before July 1, 1990 and were in Group B on July 1, 1990, you are now in Group C.
- 403(b) Plan, a Deferred Compensation supplemental retirement savings program for employees of Vermont's public school districts.
Board of Trustees Meeting Notices, Agenda and Minutes
The Board of Trustees is responsible for the administration of the benefits and record keeping for the membership. Learn who your VSTRS board members are and get details on upcoming meeting dates and minutes. More