VSTRS 2022 Open Enrollment
The information on this page relates to VSTRS Group Health Insurance for coverage effective January 1, 2022. Please see our main Group Health Insurance page for details on the different plan offerings for Medicare-eligible and non-Medicare-eligible VSTRS retirees and dependents.
Non-Medicare-eligible Retirees and Dependents
Group health insurance for non-Medicare-eligible retirees and dependents is provided through the Vermont Education Health Initiative (VEHI).
Non-Medicare Eligible Members - Open Enrollment is Open through December 15, 2021. Please click here for an enrollment form.
Medicare-eligible Retirees and Dependents
Group health insurance for Medicare-eligible retirees and dependents is provided through Vermont Blue Advantage. To qualify, members must meet all eligibility criteria and be enrolled in Medicare Part A and Part B.
Please review one of the four cover letters that pertains to your specific situation. The pre-enrollment kit information directly below the cover letters pertains to all Medicare-eligible members.
1. Medicare-Eligible Members Currently Enrolled in Health Insurance through VSTRS - Open Enrollment deadline is October 27, 2021. If you missed this date and still want to make a change, please contact the Retirement Office at the email or phone number below, and keep in mind that applications received after October 27 may result in delayed or a duplicate welcome kit and ID card. Please click here for additional information.
2. Medicare-Eligible Members Currently Not Enrolled in Health Insurance through VSTRS - Open Enrollment is Open through November 30, 2021. If you missed this date and still want to make a change, please contact the Retirement Office at the email or phone number below, and keep in mind that applications received after November 30 may result in delayed welcome kit and ID card. Please click here for additional information.
3. Medicare-Eligible Members First Enrolled Between October 1, 2021 through December 31, 2021 - Please click here for additional information.
4. Members Who Become Medicare-Eligible During 2022 - This relates to members who age-in to Medicare and/or experience mid-year life events. Please click here for additional information.
Pre-Enrollment kit for retirees with Medicare Part A and B
- Benefits-at-a-Glance for Medicare Advantage Group PPO Plans - A summary of benefits, showing what the plan covers and what you pay.
- Vermont Blue Advantage Enrollment Form - To enroll, complete this fillable form and return it to the Retirement Office.
- Vermont Blue Advantage Medicare Stars Rating - Every year, Medicare evaluates plans based on a 5-star rating system.
- Multi-language Interpreter Services - Use this form to access interpreter services.
- Non-Discrimination Notice - VBA's Non-Discrimination notice.
Paper copies of the pre-enrollment kit and the enrollment form can be provided upon request by contacting the Retirement Office.
Please note: Vermont Blue Advantage is a PPO plan with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in Vermont Blue Advantage depends on contract renewal.
H6898_VSTRSGrpWbpg_M FVNR 1121.