Retired Teacher Health Insurance
- For more information on health insurance options for Medicare-eligible retirees and dependents, please visit here.
- For more information on health insurance options for non-Medicare-eligible retirees and dependents, please visit here.
What is VSTRS?
The Vermont State Teachers' Retirement System (VSTRS) is the public pension plan provided by the State of Vermont for State teachers. It was created in 1947 and is governed by Vermont Statute Title 16, Chapter 55.The membership as of June 30, 2022 is:
- 10,387 active
- 2,932 inactive
- 938 terminated vested
- 10,295 retired
Learn More About Specific Group Plans
- Group A for public school teachers employed within the State of Vermont prior to July 1, 1981 and elected to remain in Group A.
- Group C for public school teachers employed within the State of Vermont on or after July 1, 1990. If you were hired before July 1, 1990 and were in Group B on July 1, 1990, you are now in Group C.
- 403(b) Plan, a Deferred Compensation supplemental retirement savings program for employees of Vermont's public school districts.
FY2024 Employee Contribution Rates
Employee Contribution Rates in effect for FY2024 can be here.
Board of Trustees Meeting Notices, Agenda and Minutes
The Board of Trustees is responsible for the administration of the benefits and record keeping for the membership. Learn who your VSTRS board members are and get details on upcoming meeting dates and minutes. More